Graphic Communications & Printing Technology
The Graphic Communications and Printing Technology program provides a comprehensive understanding of the printing process and related fields. The student receives training in all major areas, with preparation to enter one of several printing fields, depending on interest and ability.
Graduates with technical and mechanical interests find employment in desktop publishing, 印前, 印刷, and bindery operations. Skills in computer operations, 电子产品, 摄影, 化学, and physics will also be useful in these areas.
Graduates with good English and math skills will find employment in proofreading, 估计, production planning, 和销售. Those students with artistic talent may enter layout and design, advertising, or commercial art.
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the major printing processes and their products as well as the advantages of each process.
- Demonstrate the skills needed for entry-level positions (as advanced trainees) in the following areas: layout and design, 复制准备, desktop publishing, film assembly and plate processing, direct-to-plate applications, 新闻业务, and bindery operations.
- Assess personal strengths and limitations in various areas of the graphic arts.
- Demonstrate good work habits: promptness to class, willingness to work, and the ability to accept supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of equipment and use appropriate safety precautions.
- Understand the various production departments and the contributions each makes to the finished product.
- Write clear, concise, legible, and accurate technical reports using standard grammatical English.
- Demonstrate skills in basic verbal communication.
- Solve basic math problems related to printing operations
|工作 & 薪水前景||SOAR Articulation Agreement|
|Graphic Communications & 印刷的雇主|